Friday, January 14, 2011

Taxi to Auckland

After a most comfortable stay at the Chateau Tongariro, what with tramping over hill and dale in the volcanic landscape roundabout, enjoying excellent service and meals when back at that establishment, the only let-down was being told that the train was late... and then finding out, too late, that the wrong train was late, and mine had been on time, and I'd missed it.

Full credit to the Chateau, however, since it was instead arranged, seeing as this mixup had occurred, that one of the staff travelling to Auckland give me a lift in her car: and four hours later, I'm here.  The trip was faster and more enjoyable than the rattly old train, seeing as we had a pleasant conversation en route.

I plan to tell all about my tour of New Zealand "by taxi".

No comments: