Saturday, November 6, 2010

To Hobart, for the V Sunday after Epiphany

To-morrow I'll depart bright and early for the 200 km drive to Hobart, to assist at our monthly Missa cantata at the chapel of St Canice, which will be the Mass of the 5th* Sunday after Epiphany (prayers, Epistle and Gospel), combined with the Proper chants of the Mass of the 23rd Sunday after Pentecost, Dicit Dominus.

[* I am indebted to Rubricarius for gently correcting my mistake: having no Ordo to hand, I relied upon the calendar sold me by the Sons of the Most Holy Redeemer, which turns out to erroneously term this Sunday the 4th, not the 5th as it should be.]

2 comments:

Rubricarius said...

IV Sunday?

Joshua said...

According to my trusty calendar from the Sons of the Most Holy Redeemer, on the 7th of November we use the Mass of the 4th Sunday after Epiphany - oh dear, is something wrong?

Aaarrrggghhh!!!